School Funds Committee Minutes


SCHOOL FUNDS COMMITTEE

Meeting 19th January 2018

Committee Members Present:-

Margaret Forster (MF) – Chairperson

Denise Wilson (DW) – Treasurer

Tim Haines (TH) – Committee Member

Morven Whytock (MW) – Secretary

 

  • Committee member’s declaration forms to be completed & returned to DW.
  • Current Funds – £6,102.08
  • Commitment – Dalguise
  • Balance £5,008.58 to spend
  • Big Maths o/s – £1093.40 (still needs reduced through Income)
  • Big Maths sitting as negative balance, can we get rid of it by using donation money? – Agreed to leave negative balance until next meeting, closer to end of financial year. School Fund year end – June ‘18.
  • School Photos – not yet organised. Theresa Geissler to be confirmed for May 18 – DW to confirm.

Discussion re: income/outgoing:

  • TH asked where does fund come from? – In reply – donations, fundraising, etc.
  • Moving funds only to be done during meetings/agreement.
  • £374.00 balance from School Fund.
  • School Show – £554.00 profit – no more costs.
  • Donations – £1554.00
  • Nursery snack – £43.62 (should just breakeven).
  • Educational Trust Award – to be spent specifically Nov ’17 deadline.
  • MF – doesn’t want to spend specifics, can’t be spent from school fund.
  • MF – Big Maths not from DSM.
  • DW – School fund was used for school trips cannot anymore – all costs from parents.

Discussion re: Staffing:

  • MF – Staffing – SIT hours increased from 20 hrs to 27.5 hrs with child attendance increase – currently 4 days – hopefully to go to 5 days.
  • MF – Supply for Mrs Sweeney (P2/3).

Discussion re: PTA & any other business:

  • PTA – to organise walks (Munro, dog/pram/cycle walk).
  • RRSA – would they cover £475 + VAT??
  • DW – to check VAT (We pay the VAT council claim back??).
  • PTA – agreed to cover half, PTA in control of funds, ask for info on RRSA, MF given them it.
  • MF asking TH about resources required. In reply TH said Laptops needed. MF asked for agreement on buying them.
  • PKC to decommission & replace – hopefully get 2.
  • It was agreed that Laptops a priority as they are better than I-pads.
  • @AOCB – Fossoway pre-school selling resources – PTA to release £500 to buy.

No other actions required.

Next Meeting agreed for Friday 04.05.2018.

 

SCHOOL FUNDS COMMITTEE

Meeting 3rd March 2017

Committee Members present:-

Margaret Forster – Chairperson

Nicola Heser – Finance Operations Manager

Ann Melville – Committee Member

Morven Whytock – Secretary
 

  • Committee needs to meet once a term.
  • Minutes are to be posted on website and parents advised.
  • MF can approve spends up to £300, after that Committee must be consulted.
  • There should be 3 signatories for SF (to be changed in August).
  • 2015-16 SF has been audited.
  • NH mentioned that the implementation of Parent Pay is ongoing.
  • £5578.36 in account, of which £3309.00 is earmarked for Dalguise.
  • School photos commission £180.00.
  • Last year’s school shows £554.00.
  • Reminders are to be sent to P7 families who still have outstanding Dalguise payments.
  • Nursery parents now pay £2 weekly (60% snack/40% fund).
  • Enterprise money is to subsidise a P4-7 trip, possibly to the Falkirk Wheel (boat ride/workshop)

No other actions required.

Date of next meeting – Summer Term

SCHOOL FUNDS COMMITTEE

Meeting 21st March 2016

Present:-

Margaret Forster – Chairperson

Nicola Heser – Finance Operations Manager

Ann Melville – Committee Member

Morven Whytock – Secretary

NH confirmed the current balance of School Fund is £1772.09. School show made £520 approximately.  The sale of the show DVD will bring in extra funds.

NH asked if the negative balance on the Dalguise fund, due to part funding of previous pupils, be zeroed off by viring £287.10 from Miscellaneous and £288.14 from School Photos. This was agreed by all members present.

Mrs Wallace sent an email re possible purchase of curtains and rail for school hall (discount through County Fabrics). MF also to price curtains for the nursery.

P4 smartboard and projector installation to be paid through the DSM.

Day of Song 21.4.16, SF paying £10. Dynamic Earth trip will be part paid using excess in PTA fund within SF.  Possible P5/6 and P6/7 trip to Stanley Mills.

MF talked about the possibility of parents an annual trip fee and the cost of excursions to be deducted from this.

No other actions required.

Date of next meeting 30th May 2016.

 

SCHOOL FUNDS COMMITTEE

Meeting 28th September 2015

Present:-

Margaret Forster – Chairperson

Nicola Heser – Finance Operations Manager

Ann Melville – Committee Member

Morven Whytock – Secretary

NH confirmed the current balance of School Fund is £1862.53

Two bank accounts are now running, as BoS account is to be closed and all schools will use RBS for school funds.

Co-Op outstanding payment £681.77 has been written off by P&K. Although this was accumulated by Nursery Fund monies, those children have moved up through the school now.  Money will be used to buy sand and tactile toys for Nursery but also other items to benefit P1-3 children.

Anon donation of £200 received at end of school year for the Nursery. Agreed to buy feely letters with this.

No other actions required.

Date of next meeting 21st March 2016.